Saturday 17 December 2011

Week Nine

Hello! I've just passed the 64th day since I left home. This past week we didn't go anywhere special, but it was still a busy week! For a few days I thought I lost my camera, but luckily I found it in our "couch" (which is more like a mattress with a carpet on it). Anyways, I miss you all, and I hope you are all having a good holiday! 



Me at work on Monday, just outside the dentists office. 

The graffiti I always mean to take a picture of, but never remember too. 

Me in my chupa (traditional Tibetan dress)! The student I tutor gave it to me as a gift. It's really pretty, but I think it might make me look fat.... hahah. 

The main street, just before dusk, with the mountains in the background. 

The Dalai Lama was arriving back into town, so everyone was out to greet him. 

Another birthday, and this time Rachel got Julie a real cake!

Our early Christmas party! Not quite your traditional Christmas meal, but it was SO good. 

All the girls in our "half" chupas... like a chupa, but for tourists.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that you went overseas...that's awesome! Enjoy looking at the photos you're taking. Learning some of the language? Take care and look forward to reading more about your trip..How long will you be over there? Miss everyone in Canada. Talk soon. Susan

    ReplyDelete